To add an image into your Gmail signature you need it to be hosted, either on a web server or – using this tip – on a Google Drive account.
Google Drive is a great place to store important company images, one of which should be your company logo. This tip shows you how you can then add your logo – or any other image – to your signature.
Host your image on Google Drive
- Log in to your Google Drive account
- Create a folder, name it Signature or something more suitable
- Select the folder and click on the Sharing button; set the folder visibility to Public and the access to anyone can view
- Open your folder and upload your image, or add an existing one to the folder. The image will take on the Public visibility.
- Copy the folder’s ID from the address bar, and build up the URL to include the folder ID and the image name, like this: https://googledrive.com/host/0B_Y_lYyiRrtvcVFEa01PZklzb1k/JKG Clear.png
Set up your signature
- Open Gmail, click on the cog and choose Settings
- Paste in the image URL we built above and your company logo should appear in the box next to Web address URL, click OK
- You should now see your logo in your signature
- Scroll down to the bottom and save your settings
- Send yourself or a colleague an email to test it has worked!
Top Tip: You can also use the above tip to host any image or file on Google Drive, including HTML files.