If you’re looking to hide files on your PC hard drive, you may have read about ways to encrypt folders or change the attributes on a file so that they cannot be accessed by prying eyes. However, a lot of times hiding files or folders in that way requires that you install some sort of software on your computer, which could then be spotted by someone else.
Now I’m going to show you a new way to hide files that is very counter-intuitive and therefore pretty safe! Using a simple trick in Windows, you can actually hide a file inside of the JPG picture file!
You can actually hide any type of file inside of an image file, including txt, exe, mp3, avi, or whatever else. Not only that, you can actually store many files inside of single JPG file, not just one! This can come in very handy if you need to hide files and don’t want to bother with encryption and all that other technical stuff.
Hide File in Picture
1. First select the files you want to hide.
2. Right-click the files and select “Add to archive” i.e compress the files to zip or rar.
3. Place the compressed file and the picture in which files will e hidden in E: or D: or C: , this does’nt play any role but will be easier to find the files.
4. Now go to Start->Run or simply press Win+R , type cmd ,this will open command prompt.
5. Now go to the directory in which you placed the files in my case it is E: so i typed E:
6. Now we are in E: drive so type the below code , here my file names are test.jpg and test1.zip
copy /b test.jpg+test1.zip test.jpg
Thats it !!!!
when you double-click it the picture will open but when you right-click it and select open with -> winrar your hidden files will be seen or Change the extension of your Picture file to .Zip or .rar to extract the hidden file.